Shadowlands Development Update Notes – August 5
UPDATED APRIL 9, 10:00 a.m. PDT
Welcome to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands test environment. Please read on for an outline of what’s currently being tested, what has recently changed, and what’s coming for testing later in the Alpha.
Current Content Testing
- The world and leveling content being tested is: Bastion. Check out our preview of the Kyrian Covenant.
- Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this zone in the Shadowlands Alpha Leveling, Questing, and World forum.
- Please post Kyrian Covenant feedback in this dedicated thread in the Shadowlands Classes and Covenants forum.
- The level cap is currently: 53. You cannot level a test character higher than this at this time.
- The dungeon being tested is: The Necrotic Wake. Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this dungeon in the Shadowlands Alpha Dungeons and Raids forum.
- The new starting experience is now available to level 1 Alliance characters. Read more about it here, and please post feedback on the new starting expeirence here.
- Class Changes
- All classes are undergoing major updates. Please read the class summary blog post, and place your focused feedback in one of the dedicated threads in the Shadowlands Alpha Classes and Covenants forum:
Work in Progress
We’re currently working through the following issues and limitations:
- Allied Races are not available for character creation.
- The new starting experience can only be tested by level 1 Alliance characters.
We’re unlocking much more content for testing over the next few weeks:
- Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Initial Character Creation/Customization Updates
- Revendreth (Zone and Covenant)
- Halls of Atonement (Dungeon)
- Oribos (Capital)
Coming in Later Updates
- Ardenweald (Zone and Covenant)
- Maldraxxus (Zone and Covenant)
- Mists of Tirna Scithe (Dungeon)
- Plaguefall (Dungeon)
- More Character Creation/Customization Updates
Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of features to be tested in the entirety of the Shadowlands Alpha.
Thank you very much!Fuente
A User Interface note:
- Added mapping support for keybinds, camera, and turning a character on controllers such as the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
As a reminder, it is against our terms to access or modify the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard. It is also against our terms to use any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality.Fuente
- Testing with Worgen and Kul Tiran Human characters is currently disabled.
With the major changes coming to leveling characters from 10-50 in Shadowlands, we want to make sure that there is a navigational parity among all of the different expansions you can choose while questing. In the next version of the Shadowlands Alpha that will appear this week, testers are going to see an intentional change coming to Shadowlands for a couple of older Pathfinder achievements.
Specifically, the flight training rewards from Draenor Pathfinder and Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two will no longer be required for flying in Draenor or Broken Isles content. These will now be granted at level 30 with expert flying.
The achievements will remain in place as before, and Draenor Pathfinder will still be the way to earn the Soaring Skyterror mount, while Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One will continue to reward increased mount speed in the Broken Isles.Fuente
The Shadowlands Alpha is now the Shadowlands Beta.Fuente
Character copy is now available, however, there are issues copying Demon Hunters and Death Knights.Fuente
For all available content to test, see the original post in this thread.
A few other recent call outs to be aware of:
- Character copy is now available, however, there are issues copying Demon Hunters and Death Knights.
- Upcoming changes planned for Soulbinds and Conduits: Shadowlands Conduits Update
- The latest Torghast updates are here: FEEDBACK: Torghast, Tower of the Damned
- Some changes for the Night Fae Signature Ability, Soulshape: FEEDBACK: Night Fae Covenant
The character wipe is complete, the Beta has been updated to the latest build, and testers can now resume.
- On first logging in, testers will not be able to make a Death Knight, Demon Hunter, or Allied Races character.
- Until this is fixed, you can make a level 50 template, log in to that character, and then log out. You should have full access to create any classes or race.
- After doing a character copy, you should begin with the quest “A Chilling Summons” to avoid potential difficulties.
- Some Demon Hunter player-characters may have missing facial features.
- This may be fixable by going to a barber shop and changing your tattoos.
- Forthcoming adjustments to heirloom bonuses are not yet implemented.