[Megathread] Server Transfer Questions Megathread
Please put any of your Server Transfer questions in this thread below! The team will do their best to answer your questions in the thread.
Link to the Server Transfer Update: Server Transfer update
In an effort to streamline this discussion we’ll surface all the questions we have answers to here and continue to work to get answers to open questions. We are going to do our best to answer questions as they come up. Please be patient with our community team as we are gathering answers as quickly as possible.
Will be be able to transfer as many times as we want?
- Everyone will get one token per account. Each transfer requires a transfer token As per our post here our team will continue monitoring world populations, queue times, and will evaluate the need for an additional wave of server transfer tokens to be given out for free.
Can we transfer from region to region, say from US East to US West?
- Transfers are only available within your region, each region is a separate database and it is not possible to re-assign as character to a different region.
So the “transfer to any server” statement issues earlier was not true?
- Unfortunately the original information provided was incorrect.
Are the Full Server status permanent, preventing new characters from being created on them?
- They are not permanent, we review the number of daily active players every day to determine Full status of servers. We will do a review prior to Character Transfers being made available.
How will companies of 100 people manage to get their entire group into their server?
- We encourage folks to organize server changes with their play groups. We understand that we may not be able to solve all these issues with one character transfer and we’ll continue to work with the community to ensure the majority of players are satisfied.
This means that the character I left behind on a high-population server to join with new friends on a low-population server cannot be transferred to my current server (since I would then have 2 in this World Set) unless I delete my current character here?
- This statement is correct, you cannot have two characters in the same world set let alone in the same world.
Typically we set up road signs on all platforms to point at critical information.
So when we have news we’ll publish on either the website (if we can localize in all languages in time) or the forums and use social to point at the post.
We’ll also return to this thread and point folks to any updates.